Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer, S.H.A.R.E. and Alicia Silverstone

I know!

I was out with Jene and Janice last night. We watched Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, and while we were having dinner at North Park they asked the question: "What's up with the blog?".

F*ck, I don't know! Wala lang talaga akong magawa at that moment in time. Combine that with surfing and reading Otep's blog then Nicky's blog and then ka-blam!!! Yun na.

Yeah, the title of this post is familiar to most of you. In fact, its classic. You know that. So perhaps I'll treat this the way I treated my regular contibution back when there was a SHARE newsletter. So get out your knee pads and start worshipping.

I'm back.

-----

Its tough that SHARE isn't around anymore. Everyone is occupied with everything else. But then again, I doubt we'd be able to keep it alive anyway, without any new blood. For good or bad, we are not the same folks we were, and our lives have passed that phase. We have families, careers, loved ones, etc. Sure, I don't doubt that the spirit of service is still strong in many of us, but the nature of it has changed. I seriooously doubt we can all pile up in my car and travel at 9 pm at night (siyempre... p.m. nga eh kaya night, bobo. Nevermind, I'm not changing that na. Bleh!) and drive to Lipa (or wherever) and conduct a training/seminar/retreat/recollection for the weekend.

Hahaha!

I can see Hazel, Noemi, Nicky, et al bringing yayas and strollers and bottles and diapers to the retreat, and having their kids watch them while mommy is doing Expe/Appre. Vince, Gerard and Dhonn, finally doing clean up because their wives made them to (hahahahahahahahaha!). Otep will probably still bear the brunt of the work, and Des will still make fun of him. Pero pagagalitan na si Des ni Neth kasi magpapa-dede pa siya ng baby. Segway: why is it that everytime I encounter the word "dede" or "dodo" the image of Anchit forces its way to the top of my thoughts? Bro. Hans will still be there with lots of food, and I will still be there to eat it. Yay!!!

And Jay will be... aaah...

OH MY GOD!!! Jay will still be Jay!

*shudder*

... well that just ended that thought!

-----

I heard from a reliable source who will remain anonymous (anonymous = Hazel) that Shiela Barba is in town. Hoy Shiela!!! When will we (we = I) reap the benefits your hard earned (yeah right, you do nothing in your office but abuse the YM on your PC) money? We can go to Leslie's sa Tagaytay. Maraming baboy doon: sisig, crispy pata, liempo... YUM!!!

For everyone not in the know, Eula is in Singapore. She says she's working daw. DAW. I'll bet Des' left hand that she's just visiting restaurant after restaurant. No, I'm not being cruel kasi Des doesn't need his left hand anymore. He's married.

Speaking of married, go check Charmaine's friendster account... it says she's married. WHAT THE F*CK!!! Someone (preferably you Charmaine) please confirm this because I need to know if I need to start building a fallout shelter and start stocking it with food and a good number of healthy child-bearing women.



Bro. Dodo is now interim president of DLS-CSB. I haven't shown myself to him yet. Why? Because for the past two trimesters, I have been a member of the faculty of CSB. YES, GRADUATE NA KO. So I'm going to keep myself below the radar 'cause baka mautusan ako ng kung anu-ano. I can see it now:

Bro. Dodo: Hello Robert! Its nice to see you! I hear that you're working for me now.

Me: Hi bro. Yes, I am. I'm with the CDP.

Bro. Dodo: Good, good! So, do you like it so far?

Me: Well actually, the pay suc-

Bro Dodo: Good! Good!Anyway, its fortunate that I encountered you here in the parking area.

Me: We-ell... uh, about the pa-

Bro Dodo: I'm glad you asked! You see that car?

Me: Um, yeah...

Bro Dodo: That's my car.... and you know what?

Me: ....

Bro Dodo: The car isn't going to clean itself you know. So carry on, chop chop!

-----

Janice (Pascual) just got her license, and Grace (Fulgencio) just got her new Mazda 3 zoom-zoom (katas ng Nestle). Great... the streets just got more dangerous. Ladies, text me when you're driving ha? I will gladly wait a while before hitting the road.

-----

I never thought this would take off, but judging from the comments in my first post, it seems people still find me an interesting read. As to the tastes and stability of these people... well, I'd rather not say anything without more proof, preferably a diagnosis. Still, I'll ride this pony (pony = blog. Its a metaphor. I don't have a pony. If I did, I won't ride it because I don't want to kill it) for as long as this baby rides.

Oh, and I love you Mals!!!

-----

EDITED:

Otep stumbled over to here, and dedicated an entire post to yours truly. See, that's what I mean! A perfect example of someone down on his knees in praise. Hehehe...

http://noalias.blogspot.com/2006/07/and-then-house-fell-down.html

That's the link to his post. Apparently, he found an old piece (actually, its a piece of a piece... well, you know what I mean) of mine from allegedly 10 years ago. Go visit and read!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice start for your blog, sir! :)
but i think you have been idle for too long to start with this blog thing, which i know isnt 1 of ur "most likely to do" things. hahahaha :)

keep posting tho! i'd love to read more! :)

Anonymous said...

awwww, thats sweet! :)
love yah too!

Anonymous said...

Nyuk, ang sweet naman.

Pakilala naman o.

Robert, the piece is from "Summer, S.H.A.R.E. & Alicia Silverstone, 4" which came out in the last newsletter we ever produced for SHARE. There are funny bits elsewhere (I can e-mail this to you if want) but I just wanted to highlight that small portion.

Anonymous said...

the article that you created years ago was well-written. you are an artist. agreed.
i just hope u no longer feel or describe women the way you had put it before.
but then... i maybe mistaken.