Monday, August 28, 2006

SAN KA PA!!!?


See, this is why I'm so in love with Mals. Early on, I knew that whomever I spend my life with she (or he... malay nyo di ba? Just trying to cover all my bases) would have to have a sense of humor. She's going to need it, considering my personality. When I say "sense of humor" though, I don't mean funny. I mean the capacity to look at one's self and not take everything too seriously, the ability to laugh at yourself once in a while, to give yourself a break.

Now I know at this point all of Malou's friends who are reading this are either up in arms violently protesting or laughing their guts out. Well, yeah... Mals does have a prickly side, and its a side most people are normally exposed to. Not to say that's she's a bitch. She's not. This relationship has room for only one bitch and I already have that title (not to say that I'm a bitchy person, but more of... I'm her bitch). She's actually warm and personable... just don't tease her.

Now all the folks who know me are the ones laughing. Why? Kasi malakas akong mang-asar. Believe me, I am no amateur in teasing and needling. If pang-aasar were a martial art, I'd just wouldn't have a black belt. I'd be Bruce F*cking Lee!

Mals and I have looked at this disparity. Together we've discovered the very glaring differences in our lives and personalities, and wonder how and why we ended up together. But in the course of our story part of what we unraveled were the intimate commonalities and values, and small wonderful thoughts and feelings that are alike and when put together form what is essentially a cornerstone of our shared life.

She will always be pikon, and I will always be pang-asar. But we have learned to accept that. In fact, they are the qualities we now look for and miss and love in each other. In the meantime, I have learned to recalibrate my lambing-to-kulit ratio, and she has begun to be more mellow about things that use to get her so worked up...

... and sometimes you can catch her in an unguarded moment where she's laughing at herself, or making a face, and capture it all in a photograph.

^_^

5 comments:

m-a-l-s said...

...sana lang may makita ako na pic mo na ganito rin na nakakatawa noh? ipost ko rin sa blog ko...

well, i have to say that your post gave the pic justice...
agree babe, sometimes, we should also know how to laugh at ourselves hehehehe

i love you!

Anonymous said...

haaayyy...how nice to be in love!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Malou, I don't believe we've met. Good for you... I'm one of Robert's old friends.

Check out the SHARE website that our friend, Paul Uy, created (I think along with Otep). There's some funny pictures of Robert...

One under "Renewals" where he's learning to eat with a spoon, but he wasn't quite getting it.

Another under "Trainings" where there's a picture of Robert sharing a tender moment with Otep.

www.mydestiny.net/~pauluy/share/photoalbum.html

Enjoy!

m-a-l-s said...

Hi Des!

good for me dahil di pa tayo nagmeet? hmmm... di naman siguro. malay mo, i'd like to meet that guy na nakipag lips to lips kay rob hahahaha just kidding hahahaha

niweis, i'll check the site later dude (pag nasa bahay na hehehehe)
baka may mahanap ako na mas nakakatawa pa sa mukha ko jan hahahaha maisahan naman kahit minsan si rob :)

nice seeing u here, des. would love to meet u along with rob's friends one day. :)

m-a-l-s said...

hahaha!!!hahaha!!!hahaha!!!hahaha!!!hahaha!!!hahaha!!!

nakita ko na ung pics!
nakakatawa nga hahahaha

hmmm... pinag iisipan ko pa kung post ko cia here eh. pero funny ung pics eh hehehehe
hmmm... think mals! think!

thanks tep for sharing the site.
actually nakita ko na ung ibang pics dun kc pinakita na ni rob. :)
pero thankspa rin! :)