Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Its been that kind of.... (insert tme period here)


This is beginning to be a whine blog. Somehow, things have been more hectic now, even if I compare it to the same time last year. Perhaps I'm just getting old, but that's not it. I'm still my fabulous self. But sometimes, the universe conspires to give you a bad day... or week... or month...

School sucks. This trimester has been tougher than those that came before. I'm swamped with deadlines and resposnibilities, and I still owe my students the corrections of the last draft of their theses. I guess its the extra load I took in accepting to team teach Strategic Management. I had to study for that one. Crap.

So what else has happened. AH! SMACKDOWN!!! The single brilliant event in an otherwise tiring few months. Seeing Batista in the ring with the Philippine flag on his shoulders was a great sight, but not as thrilling as seeing Vito's thong whenever his dress would flip up while wrestling with Cavo Guerrero. Yes, folks... his dress. A big, musclebound, mafia-type in a skirt. Only in the WWE.

Ah yes! My inet connection at home went down. I couldn't finish encoding of the subjects (academic adviser crap I have to do every term) of the marketing students, so I had to go to school early and use the connection, which meant I had to make up for lost time at work.

I guess another reason that my shoulders have been slumping lately have been the recent tragedies. Bro. Rafe Donato passed away. So did the fathers of two of my good high school friends from La Salle Green Hills: Carlo Carrascoso's dad and Vince's Tolentino's dad. My aunt suffereing a stroke didn't help much either. I guess when 3/4 of your loved one's brain has been affected, you prepare yourself for the inevitable. In 31 years I've seen too much death in my family I think.

So what is the pic about? I was with Nicky in AKIC one night. Outside the CR, I noticed a dispenser for hand sanitizer and other stuff. I figure I'd try it out. In goes my 4 pesos and as I twist the knob, the sanitizer jams itself in the chute and doesn't fall.

Pakshet.

It been that kind... (insert time period here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amidst all these troubles, u'll work something out. and u know things will eventually be okay.
d2 lang po ako.